Updated March 11, 2022
The State of Oregon will be dropping indoor mask mandates. Governor Brown announced our mask mandate will drop tonight, March 11, at midnight. As a result Northwest Elite FC will be making some adjustments in the areas listed below.PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
Taking active and extra precautions and making good choices to be safe will help ensure not only players themselves but teammates can continue to compete in scheduled training and games.Daily Routine Precautions
● Follow all parameters set at school and other organizations you participate in
● When indoors in group settings take extra precautions to reduce chances of contracting the virus
● Be aware of symptoms and the Omicron Variant, which can be found here: CDC - COVID Symptoms
● Wash hands for 20 seconds
● Use hand sanitizer when utilizing shared fixtures/items
● Wear a mask when not actively participating in training or games
● Keep 6 feet physical distance when not actively participating in training or games
● Feeling sick or showing symptoms = get testedWhen Preparing for Games and Travel
● Consider the choices you are making up to ten days prior to games and club travel to ensure your best performance in games
● Avoid holding or attending large social gatherings which may increase your risk of contracting the virus prior to games and travel
● Follow quarantine guidance closelyROUTINE LOCAL CLUB ACTIVITIES:Masks
● Coaches and staff are advised to wear masks at all times.
● Players are advised to wear a mask while on the bench during games.
● Players WILL NOT be required to wear masks while actively playing in games or practicing.
● Spectators are advised to wear masks when social distancing can not be maintained (6 feet distance)
● Compliance Monitoring - COVID Monitors, Contact Tracing, and Daily Monitoring are not required at this timeOYSA GUIDELINES
For teams participating in OYSA games, please visit OYSA website for Spring 2022 Operational Plan
.ECNL SHOWCASE GUIDELINES
For teams participating in ECNL Showcases, guidance is sent out for specific events based upon geographic parameters in place at event locations as part of pre-event communications provided to a club.COVID EXPOSURE SCENARIOSIf your player develops symptoms, becomes exposed (close contact), or tests positive for COVID, the following outlines the steps in our Return to Play process:
● If your player displays symptoms of COVID-19 please take the following steps:
1. Follow CDC required five-day quarantine based on vaccination status (visit CDC website
2. Players are advised but not required to obtain a COVID test
3. Complete the NW ELITE FC Return to Play Form
to request clearance to return to play
● If your player is exposed to
or is aware they have been in close contact
with someone with COVID-19 please take the following steps:
1. Players remains eligible to play
2. Monitor development of symptoms. If symptoms develop, If symptoms develop, players may need to quarantine based upon CDC guidance which considers vaccination status
● If your player tests positive for or becomes sick with COVID 19, please take the following steps:
1. Follow CDC required five-day quarantine (where day 0 is the day of first symptoms or date of positive test)
2. Players are advised but not required to obtain a COVID test that is negative to return to play. As an alternative, players who are fever free for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medications and other symptoms are improving may request Return to Play.
3. Complete the NW ELITE FC Return to Play Form
to request clearance to return to playRETURN TO PLAY
Requests to return to play for training or game days require the following steps:
1. Complete the NW ELITE FC Return to Play Form
to request clearance to return to play.
2. Training Day: Full and complete Return to Play requests forms must be submitted by 4:30pm the day of training to be considered for approval to play on the same day as training. All late requests will be considered for the next training day. The submitter and coach will be notified by club operations staff via email of the player’s eligibility to return to play.
3. Game Day: Full and complete Return to Play requests forms must be submitted not less than two (2) hours prior to game time to be considered for approval for play on the same day as a game. All late requests will be considered for the next game day. The submitter and coach will be notified by club operations staff of the player’s eligibility to return to play. TRAVEL GUIDANCEMasks While Traveling
● Indoor Events: Players WILL wear a mask wherever it is required by an indoor facility’s policy such as airports, airplanes, and restaurants.
● Hotels: Players have the choice to wear a mask while in their assigned hotel room. If players are in a “carpool situation” (i.e. not an official team van) the player must respect the driver’s request that they wear a mask. If the driver in a carpool does not require a mask, players may choose to wear a mask on their own.Hotels - Player Rooms
ECNL/RL and players in the U13 competitive age group and higher who are traveling as a team will have the following room choices based upon their comfort level with the current state of COVID:
1. Stay with a parent in a location booked by the parent. Parents may make the choice to have players stay with parents in a hotel room booked independently.
a. Parents must let their team managers know this intent at least ten days prior to the event in question or in the case of ECNL showcases, by the hotel deadline set for the event.
b. The only player that may stay in a parent room is the child of the parent/guardian.
c. Parents are responsible for coordinating all player meals. If the player elects to participate in team meals they must let their manager know and are responsible for all costs associated with meals the player orders/participates in.
d. These rooms will not be included in team/club room blocks.
e. Players remain responsible for following the team itinerary (which includes club hotel check-in time, game warm-up time, lights out, etc., as we are preparing for our best performance) and remain responsible for all shared expenses associated with the event (i.e. are simply excluded from shared hotel cost).
2. 3-4 player room “Normal” team processes apply.Air Travel
Current club air travel practices are currently not changing. If material changes occur to CDC travel requirements we will adjust our practices to reflect changes.Team Meals While Traveling
● Though not mandated, team managers are encouraged to utilize food vendors who are able to provide individually packaged meals.
● Teams must respect rules at various restaurants and hotel common space areas regarding local COVID heath parameters.Contracting COVID While Traveling
● Players who exhibit COVID symptoms prior to travel, even after travel has been booked, should choose to stay at home and notify the coach immediately.
● If a player develops COVID symptoms when traveling, parents will be notified immediately and are responsible for coming to get their player to bring them home. While waiting for parents, the player will move to a quarantine room booked by the club specifically for this use and will be supervised by the team manager and/or team chaperones until the parents arrive.